We offer a variety of dance and tumble classes for girls kindergarten and up at First Baptist Academy and in the community. Classes will start the week of August 22nd, being offered on Mondays and Tuesdays through the week of May 8th.
3:30 - 4:30 Intermediate/Advanced Tumble ($50.00 per month)
(can at least go down in backbend and close to coming up unassisted)
4:30 - 5:15 Advanced Jazz ($40.00 per month) *Invite only
5:15 - 6:15 Advanced Ballet ($45.00 per month) *Invite only
6:15 - 7:00 Intermediate/Advanced Tap ($40.00 per month) *Invite only
3:30 - 4:15 Intermediate Ballet ($40.00 per month)
4:15 - 5:25 Intermediate Tap/Jazz Combo ($55.00 per month)
5:25 - 7:00 Combo Tap/Ballet/Tumble (Kindergarten-1st grade) ($65.00 per month)
*Registration will close Friday, August 19th.
Aug. 22nd: Classes begin
Sept. 5th: No classes due to Labor Day Holiday
Sept. 8th: Monday classes (Extra Day of classes)
Oct. 10th, 11th, 17th, and 18th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to FBA Fall Break
Oct. 31st: No classes due to Halloween
Nov. 8: No Combo(K-1st) Tap/Ballet/Jazz due to Book Fair PJ Night
Nov. 21st and 22nd: NO Dance/Tumble classes due to Thanksgiving Break
*There is a possibility that some dance classes would have the opportunity to perform at the Fantasy of Trees. If so, there would be at least one if not two extra rehearsals this month. The last time we performed was on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
*There will also be a couple of extra rehearsals for the Christmas parade if we are able to and choose to participate.
Dec. ??: Possible participation in Powell Christmas Parade
Dec. ??: Some dance classes may have the opportunity to perform for the FBA Christmas Program
Dec. 13th and 14th: Tumble Show Off *tentative dates
Dec. 13th and 14th: Dancers will be measured for Recital costumes
Dec. 19th, 20th, 26th, and 27th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Christmas Break
*There will be some extra rehearsals if performing in the FBA Christmas program and Powell Christmas Parade.
Jan. 2nd and 3rd: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Christmas Break and return to school
Jan. 9th: Dance and Tumble classes resume
Jan. 16th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to MLK Holiday
Jan. 19th: Monday classes (Extra Day of classes)
*Recital costumes will be ordered this month and a $25 costume fee will be due for each costume at that time.
Feb. 20th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to President’s Day
Feb. 23rd: Monday classes (Extra Day of classes)
Mar. 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Spring Break
Apr. 8th: Tentative Picture Day and Daddy-Daughter Date night
May 4th: In-Studio Dress Rehearsal at FBA (ALL Dance classes)
May 8th and 9th : Last week of classes
Week of May 8th: Tumble Show-off (Tumble Class times may be adjusted this week)
May ??: Possible performance for FBA Lower School Concert
*Some dance classes may have the opportunity to perform for the FBA Spring Program. Dancers to perform in this concert will have an extra rehearsal.
May 12th: Dress Rehearsal at location of Recital *Date tentative (ALL Dance classes)
May 13th: Spring Recital *Date tentative
July 11th-13th: Summer Dance Camp *Dates tentative
**We do follow the FBA School Calendar and Closings. This includes breaks, holidays, school cancellations, etc. If FBA is not in school on a day Dance or Tumble classes are scheduled then we will not have Dance and Tumble classes.
● The three main dance styles (ballet, tap and jazz) plus tumble/acrobatics will be offered. That does not mean we will not be doing the other styles this year! We will explore those other styles within the main area from which each originated. We will explore and incorporate lyrical and contemporary style of dance into our ballet class. Musical theatre and hip hop will be done within the jazz classes. We will also try to vary those styles in our performances. Students are welcome to take all, or any combination of the classes provided for each age range and/or level.
● Fees for after school dance and tumble may be paid monthly, by semester or for the full year. Fees are charged per class taken by each child. There will be 8 monthly payments due throughout the year. Fees will be due on the 1st of each month via PayPal or cash. The first payment will be due in August at the time of registration, and the last will be due in March. We still have classes in April and conclude in May. These classes along with the additional rehearsals and performances we will have throughout the year make up for missed classes due to holidays and breaks.
● The monthly cost reflects the varied class types, skill levels, number of teachers and assistants needed, and weekly time allotment. Tumble classes are more, to help with the cost of tumble mats, equipment and the need of assistants.
● There will be a $5.00 discount for each class registered for a dancer after the first, and the maximum monthly fee will be $125.00 per dancer. Remember your child is welcome to take 1 class, all 4 classes or any combination of those offered.
● Tuition rates are for the entire Dance/Tumble year (August-May). Please keep this in mind when registering and plan to attend regularly. Tuition will not be prorated for any reason and price reductions will not be made for classes not attended by a student(s).
● Other costs that will occur throughout the year besides class attire and shoes, will be costumes, performance fees, and recital fees. A Costume Deposit of $25 per costume will be due when I place the order for a costume. The remaining balance will be due once costumes come in. Costumes will not be given out to take home unless the costume balance has been paid in full. We aim to pick costumes that are cost efficient, but also fitting and appropriate for each dance. Costumes typically range from $45-$65 each. A Recital fee of approximately
$25 per dancer will be due at the end of March. Dancers will also need the appropriate shoes for each class, tights and other possible necessities or accessories throughout the year and for performances.
● Attire expectations for all weekly classes will be leotard and tights. Girls may wear dance skirts, fitted dance shorts or fitted leggings over the leotard. I do suggest convertible tights so that the girls will be able to cover their feet with tights when wearing shoes and also be able to have bare feet when needed, especially for tumble. Tights are not required for tumble. However, if a girl chooses not to wear tights for tumble, they must wear fitted dance shorts or leggings with a leotard. Dance shoes will be required for all classes except for tumble. No
loose fitted clothing!
● Ballet shoes: ballet pink and split sole if available
▪ Leather does tend to be more durable and easier to clean but is not required.
● Tap shoes: tan, leather slip-on
▪ (Mary jane style buckle for younger dancers or lace up for older dancers is ok)
● Jazz shoes: tan, leather, slip-on
● All dancers and tumblers will need to have a current and updated physical on file, along with an FBA Consent, Sudden Cardiac and Concussion awareness forms since this is an activity done at the academy. We prefer to be extra cautious for the safety of your children.
● Please know that dance is a commitment and any practice, class, extra rehearsal, Recital that is scheduled, your dancer is expected to attend. This is imperative for them to be able to learn skills appropriately and timely. This not only helps us avoid injuries but also is out of respect for the group as they learn dances that may require group work, partner work, etc. Please keep this in mind when scheduling other recreational activities.
● All classes are held in the upper classrooms of the FLC (Family Life Center and Gym Building). There will be times throughout the year that we may have to adjust our location to another area on campus. You will be notified when this happens.
● If your child is a student at FBA and will register for one of the classes that will be the first dance/tumble class that day; you may notify their teacher to send your child to Mrs. Seymore’s room when they make the call for “Staff Kids” to be released on those days. I will then see that they get changed, to the restroom and stay in the dance room to begin classes.
● If your child will have a break between classes, they are welcome to stay as long as they have something to work on, homework, read, etc. They may not use this time to socialize or goof off if they stay in the dance room. They are also welcome to bring and have a snack during this time, as long as this is something they can eat/drink and clean up easily. The use of phones and Ipads may be limited or prohibited if used inappropriately or in a distracting way.
For more information on the FBA dance program, contact email@example.com.