"Let your light so shine...and glorify your Father in heaven."
- Matthew 5:16
We will have dance and tumble classes open to young girls that are in PreK 4- Kindergarten through 8th grade starting the week of August 9th. These classes will be open to FBA students as well as others in the community. Below you will find information for the 2021-2022 school year.
We will be offering weekly classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, starting August 9th. Classes will continue throughout the year with the last Dance classes being the week of May 7th. Spring Recital is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 7th. Tumble classes will conclude the following week of May 9th.
We also explore lyrical and contemporary dance within the year in ballet class.
We learn basic and traditional steps, as well as newer more advanced steps, while focusing on timing and rhythms.
We explore traditional jazz, as well as musical theatre and hip hop.
We will do various tumble skills as well as acrobatic skills.
Important Dates for 2021-2022
- Aug. 9th: Classes begin
- Sept. 6th: No classes due to Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to FBA Fall Break
- Nov. 22nd and 23rd: NO Dance/Tumble classes due to Thanksgiving Break
*There is a possibility that some dance classes will have the opportunity to perform at the Fantasy of Trees. If so, there would be at least one if not two extra rehearsals this month. The last time we performed we performed on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
*There will also be a couple of extra rehearsals for the Christmas parade if we are able to and choose to participate
- Dec. ? : Possible participation in Powell Christmas Parade
- Dec. ? : some dance classes may have the opportunity to perform for the FBA Christmas Program
- Dec. 13th and 14th: Tumble Show Off *tentative dates based
- Dec. 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Christmas Break
*There will be some extra rehearsals if performing in the FBA Christmas program and Powell Christmas Parade
- Jan. 3rd and 4th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Christmas Break and return to school
- Jan. 10th: Dance and Tumble classes resume
- Jan. 17th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to MLK Holiday
- Feb. 21st: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to President’s Day
- Mar. 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Spring Break
- Apr. 18th: NO Dance or Tumble classes due to Easter Break
- Apr. ? : Possible performance for FBA Lower School Concert
- Some dance classes may have the opportunity to perform for the FBA Spring Program
*Dances to perform in this concert will have one or two extra rehearsals
- Apr. ?: In-studio Dress Rehearsal
- Apr. 30th: Tentative Picture Day and Daddy-Daughter Date night
- May 2nd and 3rd : Last regular Dance classes
- May 6th: Dress Rehearsal at location of Recital *Date tentative
- May 7th: Spring Recital *Date tentative
- Week of May 9th: Tumble Show-off (Tumble Class times may be adjusted this week) *NO Dance classes this week
July 12th-14th: Summer Dance Camp *Dates tentative
**We do follow the FBA School Calendar and Closings. This includes breaks, holidays, school cancelations, etc. If FBA is not in school on a day Dance or Tumble classes are scheduled then we will not have Dance and Tumble classes.
- I like to cap the maximum number of students in each class at 10 or 12. This is to ensure maximum effectiveness for the students, their learning and their safety.
- The three main dance styles (ballet, tap and jazz) plus tumble/acrobatics will be offered. That does not mean we will not be doing the other styles this year! We will explore those other styles within the main area from which each originated. We will explore and incorporate lyrical and contemporary style of dance into our ballet class. Musical theatre and hip hop will be done within the jazz classes. We will also try to vary those styles in our performances. Students are welcome to take all, or any combination of the classes provided for each age range and/or level.
- Fees for after school dance and tumble may be paid monthly, by semester or for the full year. Fees are charged per class taken by each child. There will be 8 monthly payments due throughout the year. Fees will be due on the 1st of each month via PayPal or cash. The first payment will be due in August at the time of registration, and the last will be due in March. We still have classes in April and conclude in May. These classes in addition to the additional rehearsals and performances we will have throughout the year make up for missed classes due to Holidays and breaks.
- The monthly cost reflects the varied class types, skill levels, number of teachers and assistants needed, and weekly time allotment. Tumble classes are more, to help with the cost of tumble mats, equipment and the need of assistants.
- There will be a $5.00 discount for each class registered for a dancer after the first, and the maximum monthly fee will be $125.00 per dancer. Remember your child is welcome to take 1 class, all 4 classes or any combination of those offered.
- Tuition rates are for the entire Dance/Tumble year (August-May). Please keep this in mind when registering and plan to attend regularly. Tuition will not be prorated for any reason and price reductions will not be made for classes not attended by a student(s).
- Other costs that will occur throughout the year besides class attire and shoes, will be costumes, performance fees, and recital fees. A Costume Deposit of $25 per costume will be due when I place the order for a costume. The remaining balance will be due once costumes come in. I always try to pick costumes that are cost efficient, but also fitting and appropriate for each dance. Costumes typically range from $40-$60 each. A Recital fee of approximately $25 per dancer will be due at the end of March. Dancers will also need the appropriate shoes for each class, tights and other possible necessities or accessories throughout the year and for performances.
- Attire for all weekly classes will be leotard and tights. Girls may wear dance skirts, fitted dance shorts or fitted leggings over the leotard. I do suggest convertible tights so that the girls will be able to cover their feet with tights when wearing shoes and also be able to have bare feet when needed, especially for tumble. Tights are not required for tumble. However, if a girl chooses not to wear tights for tumble, they must wear fitted dance shorts or leggings with a leotard. Dance shoes will be required for all classes except for tumble. No loose fitted clothing!
- Ballet shoes: leather, ballet pink and split sole if available
- Tap shoes: tan, leather slip-on (or mary jane style buckle for younger dancers or lace up for older dancers is ok)
- Jazz shoes: tan, leather, slip-on
- All dancers and tumblers will need to have a current and updated physical on file, along with an FBA Consent, Sudden Cardiac and Concussion awareness forms since this is an activity done at the academy. We prefer to be extra cautious for the safety of your children.
3:15 - 4:15 Advanced Tumble (can go down & up in backbend unassisted) ($50.00 per month) 3:30 - 4:30 Combo I Ballet/Tap (PreK-KIndergarten) ($45.00 per month)
4:20 - 5:05 5th Grade Jazz ($40.00 per month)
4:20 - 5:05 6th-8th Grade Jazz ($40.00 per month)
5:05 - 5:50 Intermediate Ballet ($40.00 per month)
5:10 - 6:10 Combo II Ballet/Tap (1st-2nd *unless by invite) ($45.00 per month)
5:50-6:35 Advanced Ballet (*by invite only) ($40.00 per month)
6:35 - 7:20 5th-8th Grade Tap ($40.00 per month)
3:30 - 4:15 2nd-4th Grade Ballet ($40.00 per month)
4:15 - 5:25 Intermediate Tap/Jazz Combo ($55.00 per month)
4:15 - 5:25 Advanced Tap/Jazz Combo (by invite only) ($55.00 per month)
5:25 - 6:10 Intermediate Tumble (2nd Grade-up) (Can go down in backbend unassisted) ($45.00 per month) 6:15 - 7:00 Beginning Tumble (PreK-1st Grade) ($45.00 per month)
*If your child is a student at FBA and will register for one of the classes that will be the first dance class that day; you may notify their teacher to send your child to Mrs. Seymore’s room when they make the call for “Staff Kids” to be released on those days. I will see that they get changed, to the restroom and then to the dance room to begin classes.
*If your child will have a break between classes, they are welcome to stay as long as they have something to work on, homework, read, etc. They may not use this time to socialize or goof off if they stay in the dance room. They are also welcome to bring and have a snack during this time, as long as this is something they can eat/drink and clean up easily.