Please read all information regarding FBA’s Dress Code Policy. All students are expected to adhere to these guidelines. Students who arrive out of uniform will be issued an approved uniform item, the parent will be notified, and the incident will be documented. The item must be returned (washed) the following school day.
Shirts & Outerwear
- Must be purchased through Lands End, My A Plus Uniforms, or through FBA directly.
- Must have the FBA logo embroidered by these retailers (You may not purchase shirts from other retailers & have a similar logo embroidered.)
- Students are required to wear an FBA uniform shirt with a collar Monday-Thursday, including times when approved FBA outerwear is worn. FBA Spirit Shirts purchased through FBA may be worn on Fridays with jeans.
- Shirts must always be tucked in. PreK students are not required to tuck their shirts in.
- Shorts, skirts, pants, jumpers or skorts can be purchased from any uniform section of any retail store.
- FBA plaid skirts and jumpers are only available through Lands End and My A Plus Uniforms.
- Navy or Khaki (not cream/ivory) colored Chino-style uniform bottoms only. PreK students only may also wear solid navy or khaki colored knit bottoms.
- No cargo, carpenter, corduroy, or denim is allowed.
- Neat looking jeans with no frays, tears, or holes can be worn on Fridays. Jeans must meet modesty guidelines.
- No logos should be shown and at any time FBA administration reserves the right to ban a certain type of clothing.
- Sagging is not allowed.
- Shorts should be loose fitting (under garment lines should not be visible) and worn at a length that is no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Skirts should be at a modest “near the knee length” for all students. Lower School girls are encouraged to wear navy, red, or white bike shorts under their jumpers and dresses. Jumpers and dresses are approved for Lower School students only.
The following guidelines listed below are concerning accessory color, style and appearance:
Belts: These must be worn at all times (if clothing has belt loops). PreK students are not required to wear a belt.
Tights & Leggings: Navy, White, Red, Grey, or Almond/Khaki SOLID COLORS only. Tights & Leggings can be worn under approved FBA bottoms, and cannot be worn without a skirt or dress over them. PreK girls may wear leggings. (See above for approved colors.)
Shoes: These must be closed toe and closed heel. Middle & Upper School students only (6-12) may wear sandals (not flip flops or slides) on non-PE days.
Socks: These should be consistent with the overall uniform look. No extreme styles or colors (i.e. bright colored stripes or polka dots). This is at the discretion of the administration.
Long Sleeve Shirts: Solid colored red, white, grey, or navy blue shirts or turtlenecks may be worn under FBA uniform shirts. There is to be NO writing, or branding visible on the sleeves or through the uniform shirt (example: white uniform shirt where you can see a logo or brand through the shirt).
Students should consider their body shape (no extremely tight apparel) when purchasing uniforms to ensure that they adhere to the following specific guidelines: All school attire should be modest, neat, non-frayed, no holes, and clean. No cross-dressing. This is at the discretion of the administration.
Students may not have distracting or extreme hairstyles (i.e.- mohawks, etc.) or color. This is at the discretion of the administration. Boys’ hair styles must be clean, neat, mid- ear, off the collar, and above the eyebrow line. Facial hair must be kept very neat. No beards are allowed. This is at the discretion of the administration. Tattoos of any kind are not allowed. Boys are to have no piercings. Girls are to have no out-of-the-ordinary piercings, such as facial piercings, but are allowed to have ear piercings (but no gauges).
Our prayer is that each parent would consider the fact that we are not to be “conformed to this world” as stated in Romans 12:2. “Purity, safety, focus on learning, and preparation for the future should be considered when purchasing school attire. 1 Timothy 4:11-12 states, “Prescribe and teach these things. Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity show yourself an example of those who believe.”
Visit the sites below to view the FBA Uniform Shops!
- Lands End: May be purchased online or in stores.
1. Click on Uniforms * “Find Your School”
2. Search for FBA or enter our Preferred School Code: 900132952
- My A Plus Uniforms: May be purchased online or in stores.