Our goal for summer reading is to encourage students (1st-5th grade) to continue reading and practicing fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. Below is a list of books that are required summer reading and attached is the assignment specifically for the grade your student is entering in August 2018. Remember the project is due the first week of school!
Upcoming First Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Record 10 books of student choice on attached reading log (Click Here)
- Complete attached assignment using only one book.
Upcoming Second Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Choose one and complete attached assignment worksheet (Click Here).
- Magic Tree House: Afternoon in the Amazon by Mary Pope Osborne
- Cam Jansen and the First Day of School Mystery by David A. Alder
Upcoming Third Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Choose one and complete attached assignment worksheet (Click Here)
- Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
- Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace by Donald J. Sobol
Upcoming Fourth Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Read The Boxcar Children #1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Create a diorama to display a scene from the book.
- Use the attached rubric to complete your project (Click Here)
Upcoming Fifth Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Read Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- Complete attached assignment (Click Here)